TRINITY YOUTH LEADER EXPECTATIONS
Trinity Youth is about providing a place of unconditional belonging for the next generation, creating space for them to take the next step toward God, toward each other, and toward being influencers.
Trinity Youth works because a team of committed volunteers model the life of Jesus by showing up consistently in the lives of our kids. We consider it a privilege to serve as part of this fun, gifted, and faithful community.
If you are interested in serving please fill out the online application and we will contact you about setting up a time to meet at Trinity.
- a mature and growing follower of Jesus
- Able to commit 4 hours per week to volunteer leading
- Able to lead and weekly invest in a small group of 8-12 kids for a full school year
- Continued involvement in Trinity as a parishioner
- Agree to our statement of CHRISTIAN BELIEF AND CHARACTER
- Complete following application
- Complete all training and documentation for
- Background check
- Driver test
- Ministry Safe child protection training
TYPES OF LEADERS
All leaders are CIRCLE leaders, meaning you will invest with at least one other leader in a group of 8-12 kids for the entire school year.
All leaders are expected to lead beyond scheduled programming, meeting kids on their turf on a monthly basis.
- MS Sunday morning // 11am service
- MS Tuesday Group Night // every other Tuesday // 7:-8:30pm
- HS // Sundays 5-7pm
- MENTOR // weekly at a time and place of your choosing
WHAT YOU’RE COMMITTING TO:
- Contact work – Monthly commitment to meeting kids beyond programming
- Weekly involvement in programming
- Monthly leadership meetings with other leaders
- Availability for fall and spring retreats
- Honoring your commitment and communicating clearly on occasions when you are unavailable to lead
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- Set you up for success with ongoing leadership training
- Honor your time. We don’t want to hand out awards for burning out. We value a balanced life.
- Provide communication of content and calendar items in a timely manner
- Provide ongoing prayer and pastoral care. It is our great joy to walk alongside you in your own journey of discipleship!
CHRISTIAN BELIEF & CHARACTER
Trinity is a community of diverse opinions, affiliations, and backgrounds. While we welcome this diversity and the mutual respect fostered by such differences, we have a responsibility as a leadership to uphold a unifying vision among those who serve as trusted leaders within our church. This includes those who serve alongside our pastors in our worship services (musicians, worship leaders, communion servers, and preachers), as well as those who offer pastoral care, provide mentoring and lead our youth and community groups.
At Trinity we uphold the basic tenets of historic orthodoxy as outlined by the Nicene Creed. We also call our members and leaders to faithful practice with regard to appetite, relationships, and resources. This means that we humbly submit to those boundaries prescribed by the Bible regarding same-sex relationships, abstinence outside of marriage, and moderate consumption of alcohol. You can find our positions on these topics here.
Social media is especially relevant to working with the next generation. As leaders we are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct ourselves with the utmost integrity in our lives both on and off line.
If you have disagreements or questions regarding either theological belief or the call to personal holiness, we invite you to connect with one of our pastors for further conversation. We are so thankful for your interest and willingness to serve in our church, and it is the commitment of Trinity leadership to offer as much support and clarity as we are able.